A Ghanaian African worth his salt cannot adequately communicate the message below without employing the aid of “Tafracher”, that invaluable tribal word I first introduced to medical parlance in the British Medical Journal some 43 years six months ago . Please start by reading that BMJ page here https://www.bmj.com/content/1/5953/329 before proceeding to what I have to say about vaccinating 12 to 13-year old boys in order (experts say), to prevent them getting cancers of both ends of their ALIMENTARY CANAL, throat and anus. Please, I beg you, do NOT proceed to read what I have written below until you have read this article https://www.bmj.com/content/1/5953/329 possibly twice over. I’ve warned you!
UK Government’s announcement: “Boys in England to get HPV vaccine from next year” [2 3] was so startling that it was “BREAKING NEWS” world-wide [ 4 – 11]. Some items contained the information that the HPV vaccine “can guard against oral, throat, and anal cancers”. Not a word about what constitutes “Abnormal” Sexual Practice.
DEFINITION OF “ABNORMAL SEX”
I turn to those I consider to be the world authorities on abnormal sexual practice for clear definitions of “normal sex” and “abnormal sex”. I do not know how many other physicians besides me have interviewed more than 120 international prostitutes (alias sex workers) on duty or in their homes in Africa when, with a chaperon, I examined some of them very carefully for extraordinary pathological features, and published findings in at least six British medical and scientific journals [12-24] and elsewhere [25-29]. The cardinal thing that these ladies taught me far beyond what experts like Professor Michael Adler  and Dr W F Owen of San Francisco  revealed in their publications was that only peno-vaginal sexual intercourse constituted “normal sex”, and anything other than that like (Tafracher) anal sex and variations there-from or (Tafracher) oral sex i.e. fellatio and variations there-from constituted “abnormal sex,” and the girls demanded double or triple what they charged for normal sex.
WHY DO AFRICAN PROSTITUTES CHARGE MORE FOR ABNORMAL SEX?
So why did African sex workers charge double or triple when clients demanded what the girls considered abnormal sex? Quick came the answer from the most articulate of the women I invited to lunch with me in a Mombasa hotel in Kenya: “But you are a Dorkita and you do not know? Very dangerous, I tell you, Dorkita!” [14 20 24 25 29]. Abnormal sex is harmful – the very word used on the front page of Monday’s UK Daily Telegraph July 30 2018: “Growing number of primary school children are exhibiting harmful sexual behaviour as a result of the internet” . One Burundi prostitute told me she knew abnormal sex was very dangerous “Mais je leur demande une grande somme d’argent” (But I demand from them a huge sum of money) [25 page 36]. Abnorma;l sex, the girls told me can be both quantitative (Tafracher, over 20 coital acts in one day in their trade) and qualitative as when clients demand abnormal sex as well. Together, these quantitative and qualitative acts produced what I described as “perineal devastation and disintegration” [14 25 29] enabling invasion of microbes.
TAFRACHER GONORHOEA OF THE THROAT!
I once described palatal echymosis from fellatio in a housewife who admitted on my questioning that (and I quote) “my husband was rather rough last night”, but the sore throat that she presented with in one London hospital turned out to be “Gonorrhoea of the throat!” . The question I have for the UK Government lining up 12 to 13-year old boys for HPV vaccination to prevent oral cancer is this: “Will the vaccine protect them against gonorrhoea of the throat?”
The experienced Dr Joginder Anand (previously of UK Public Health) once asked “Public Health England whether the doctors who are remunerated for this vaccination could be required to spell out to the children being vaccinated the precise mechanical route of transmission of the virus”  Who, pray, will teach these children the relative health hazards of the different sexual practices, as the African prostitutes rehearsed to me? What if some of these pre-teenagers decide: “Right, marvellous, I can be as promiscuous as I like. I am protected.”? How does one teach our children and grand-children, and great-grand-children sexual discipline? Aren’t we heaping problem after problem on our young people and the health services?
DEVELOPING COUNTRIES LEARNING FROM DEVELOPED UK AND USA?
One doctor from Mauritius  reacting positively to the BMJ news “Boys in England to get HPV vaccine from next year”  says that because his country’s Minister of Health and Quality of Life had in 2016 “announced a new vaccination program for females who are aged between nine and thirteen” due to “150 new cases of cervical
cancer reported annually and about 50 deaths also”  he sincerely hoped “that the same system of vaccination follows for the boys in the country” . And this despite the fact (he says) that “Parents in Mauritius are very hesitant to allow their children to be vaccinated as they believe that they are not sexually active at such a young age and it is an unnecessary vaccine” . It appears parents’ wishes in Mauritius were subordinated to practices from developed country Britain because “While we gained independence from the United Kingdom in 1968, we still value the examples set by the country in terms of prevention, law and order, and medical care” . There you have it: Great Britain does it, so ex-Colonies must follow suit! The USA is not different: “The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Recommendation issued in 2009 was permissive, meaning providers could give the vaccine to boys … (and) The three-vaccination series can start as early as age 9 years” . Will HPV vaccine protect the children against rectal syphilis? Are parents told answer to that question?
OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENT OF ABNORMAL SEX FOR CHILDREN?
The British Medical Journal Editorial of Professor Margaret Stanley and colleagues (August 2 2014, p 6)  gives little convincing reason why “all 12 to13 year old boys” should also be vaccinated against HPV, the virus that causes cervical cancer, which results “in an estimated 90% of cases of anal cancer in the UK” , and which also causes “oro-pharyngeal cancers” . A UK Government initiative headlined “Oral sex lessons to cut teenage pregnancy”  elaborated thus: “Encouraging school children to experiment with oral sex could prove the most effective way of curbing teenage pregnancy rates, a government study has found” . Then this headline in UK’s Daily Telegraph “Children aged 5 get sex education”  also has an article stating plans “to cut teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases” with not a single caveat that (Tafracher) Oral Sex has been found to produce HIV-AIDS [40 41 42]. Indeed, I once asked in the BMJ “Would the sex education material include information on gonorrhoea of the throat? Would the children be told of the risks to which phallic bruising of the palate exposes them with oral sex?”  Please read again my BMJ concerns where I reiterated the fact that “people who do different things with their mouth can pass on Chlamydia through a harmless pastime like French kissing” . Why must we keep such information from teenagers? I myself saw Kaposi Sarcoma
in the mouth of a Burundi prostitute. Do Clinicians in Developed Countries take an oral sex history when they observe a sarcoma of the neck?
HEALTH ADVISORS MUST DECLARE COMPETING INTERESTS
I strongly suggest that those sitting on Committees of NICE, NHS Licensing, etc advising the UK Government and United States Government about mass vaccinations and drugs must, like the rest of us do when we air opinions on health matters, declare what financial and other interests they may have, for example like links with Big Pharma. Don’t we also have to know what those we vote for in General Elections think about asking children to experiment with Abnormal Sex? And we must never forget the astonishment of the tribal chief I described in Ghana who, acutely aware of the main cause of AIDS among his subjects, was told that The Europeans and Americans were developing a vaccine for AIDS. “What?”, he screamed “You mean they are going to prick us with needles so we can do what we like?” [25, page 146].
Competing Interest: My book “WHAT IS AIDS?”  is on sale with detailed accounts of what the African international Sex Workers revealed to me regarding Abnormal Sex.
Email : email@example.com
Twitter : @profkonoteyahul
Felix I D Konotey-Ahulu FGA MB BS MD(Lond) DSc(UCC) FRCP(Lond) FRCP(Glasg) DTMH(L’pool) FGCP FWACP FTWAS ORDER OF THE VOLTA (OFFICER) Kwegyir Aggrey Distinguished Professor of Human Genetics University of Cape Coast, Ghana; Former Consultant Physician Genetic Counsellor in Sickle Cell and Other Haemoglobinopathies Korle Bu Teaching Hospital & Director Ghana Institute of Clinical Genetics, and 9 Harley Street, Phoenix Hospital Group, London W1G 9AL. www.sicklecell.md
- Konotey-Ahulu F I D. Tafracher – Personal View Tafracher – Personal View. BMJ 1975; 329: 1(5953): 329 (Feb. 8) The Ghanaian de-vulgarising prefix www.bmj.com/cgi/reprint/1/5953/329.pdf
- Kmietowicz Zosia. Boys in England to get HPV vaccine from next year. BMJ 2018; 362; doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.k3237 July 24 2018
- UK Government HPV vaccine to be given to boys in England – GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk/…/hpv-vaccine-to-be-given-to-boys-in-england Boys aged between 12 and 13 in England will be given a vaccine to protect
- New Scientist www.newscientist.com https://www.newscientist.com/…/2174940-hpv-vaccine-to-be-offered-to-all-children-in-england-not-just-girls/
- Centres for Disease Control CDC USA. Mar 26, 2018 … The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that all boys and girls aged 11 to 12 should receive the HPV vaccine … HPV | Who Should Get Vaccine | Human Papillomavirus | CDC Jun 29, 2018 … Get answers to common questions about HPV vaccines here. … All kids who are 11 or 12 years old should get two shots of HPV vaccine six to … If your child is older than 14 years, three shots will need to be given over 6 months. … Teen boys and girls who did not start or finish the HPV vaccine series when … https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/vaccine.html
- MIRROR UK. HPV vaccine will be offered to ALL boys aged 12 and 13 to help … https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/…/hpv-vaccine-offered-boys-aged-12972538
- ABC News. https://abcnews.go.com/Health/…offer-hpvvaccination…boys…/story?id vaccine can guard against oral, throat, and anal cancers.
- The INDEPENDENT. HPV vaccination to be introduced for all teenage boys in UK … https://www.independent.co.uk/…/hpv-vaccination-teenage-boys-uk-introduced-girls-cervical-cancer-risk-a8461376.html
- The GUARDIAN. Call to extend HPV vaccine to boys as cancer rates soar | Society …https://www.theguardian.com/…/mar/…/hpv-vaccine-boys-cancer-rates
Mar 31, 2018 … HPV vaccine. Call to extend HPV vaccine to boys as cancer rates soar … In the UK, all schoolgirls are offered the vaccine from the age of 12 or… Call to extend HPV vaccine to boys as cancer rates soar | Society … The human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, which can also guard against oral, throat and anal cancers, will be offered to boys aged 12 to 13 in …
- The TELEGRAPH. Girls and boys should be given HPV jab at primary school, doctors say https://www.telegraph.co.uk/…/girls-boys-should-given-hpv-jab-primary- school-doctors-say/ Jun 25, 2018 … Girls and boys should be given the HPV jab while at primary school, … of a motion which called for the vaccination to be offered to “all school …
- COSMOPOLITAN.COM. Doctors Aren’t Regularly Offering HPV Vaccines to Boys, and That’s … https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex…/why-boys-need-hpv-vaccine/ Mar 27, 2018 … Doctors Aren’t Regularly Offering HPV Vaccines to Boys, and That’s almost every sexually active person gets HPV at some point in their lives.
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. Clinical epidemiology, not sero-epidemiology, is the answer to Africa’s AIDS problem BMJ (Clin Res Ed) June 201987; 294(6587): 1593-1594 6587 doi:10,11.36/bmj.294.6586.1593 http://www.bmj.com/cgi/reprint/294/1593.pdf [Question 2 “What type of ‘abnormal sex‘ did the one girl have and the other not?”
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. Group specific component and HIV infection. Lancet 1987; 1: 1267
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. Origin and transmission of AIDS. Journal of Royal Society of Medicine 1987; 80: 720.
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. Extensive palatal echymosis from fellatio – note of caution with AIDS at large. British Journal of Sexual Medicine 1987; 14: 286-287.
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. Surgery and risk of AIDS in HIV-positive patients. Lancet 1987; 2(8568): 1146. November 14 1987.
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. AIDS in Africa: Misinformation and Disinformation, Lancet 1987; 2(8552): 206-208. July 25.
- Konotey-Ahulu, FID. AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa. Lancet 1988, 2(8603): 163-164.
- Konotey-Ahulu, FID. HIV-2 in West Africa. Lancet 1989. 1(8637): 553.
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. An African on AIDS in Africa. (Guest Editorial). The AIDS Letter – Royal Society of Medicine 1989, No 11, Feb/March 1989, pp 1-3. http://www.konotey-ahulu.com/aidsinafrica/konoteyahulu/art1_cvref113.htm
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. Slowing HIV contagion among Africans. International Journal of STD & AIDS 1991; 2: 139. Mar-April (Stressing the need to link local preventive measures of AIDS to known epidemiologic factors which differ from one African country to another).
- Konotey-Ahulu, FID. HIV antibody positive sub-Saharan African patients in UK. Lancet 1990, 335: 46-47. (Response to S Murphy et al Nov 18, p1225 that “all
patients who have lived in or worked in sub-Saharan Africa in the past ten years should be offered HIV antibody testing”.) http://www.aegis.com/news/ads/1990/AD901693.html
- Konotey-Ahulu, FID. African AIDS through African eyes (Guest Editorial). AIDS Analysis Africa 1991; March/April 1991. (The first invited Editorial of this new companion to AFRICA ANALYSIS).
- Konotey-Ahulu, FID. AIDS in Africa: Another Perspective. International Pharmacy Journal 1992, 6: 92-99 (English & French). (Invited Paper.)
- Konotey-Ahulu, FID. What is AIDS? Tetteh-A’Domeno Company, Watford, England, 1989, 227 pages ISBN: 0 9515442 0 9 [Reprinted 1996] http://www.konotey-ahulu.com/aidsinafrica/konoteyahulu/whatisaids.htm
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. Some thirty features of AIDS in Africa. Annales Universitaires des Sciences de la Santé 1987; 4: 541-544. [French and English]
- Konotey-Ahulu, FID. AIDS in Africa. Policy Review (Heritage Foundation Publication, Washington DC) Fall 1990; No 54: 78-9. (Invited comment on Professor Peter Duesberg’s thesis in the Summer Issue that HIV is not the cause of AIDS.)
- Konotey-Ahulu, FID. The AIDS crisis in Africa: a survey. In: Appropriate Technologies for AIDS Management in Africa Editor Kihumbu Thairu, 3-7 September 1990 Kenya Medical Research Institute, Nairobi. Commonwealth Secretariat London pp 24-27.
- Quartey JKM, Konotey-Ahulu FID. The domiciliary management of AIDS in a rural community in Africa. In: Appropriate Technologies for AIDS Management in Africa Editor Kihumbu Thairu, 3-7 Sept 1990, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Nairobi. Commonwealth Secretariat London pp 42-44.
- Adler Michael. Diseases in the homosexual male. London 1988. Ed Tinker J. Bloomsbury Series in Clinical Science (204 pages)
- Owen WF. The clinical approach to the male homosexual. Med Clinics of North America 1986; 70: 499-535.
- Donnelly Laura. Children aged five carrying out sex abuse seen on social media. Daily Telegraph – Front page Monday 30 July 2018.
- Anand Joginder K. HPV vaccination. Is that the only prevention? BMJ Rapid Response July 30 2014 www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g47839
- Ramphul Kamleshun. Following the path set by the others in HPV prevention. https://www.bmj.com/content/362/bmj.k3237/rapid-responses BMJ Rapid Response July 31 2018 to Kmietowicz Z. Boys in England to get HPV vaccine from next year. BMJ 2018; 362: k3237.
- Yasin Karimbocus. Cancer du col de l’utérus: le vaccin ‘Human Papilloma Virus’ introduit dans les écoles. 2016. https://defimedia.info/cancer-du-col-de-luterus-le-vaccin-human-papillom…(accessed July 31, 2018).
- HEALIO – Infectious Disease News, November 2011. ACIP: HPV vaccination recommended for 11- to 12-year-old boys https://www.healio.com/infectious-disease/vaccine-preventable-diseases/news…..campaign=Healio…TrendMD
- Stanley Margaret, O’Mahony Colm, Barton Simon. HPV vaccination – What about the boys? BMJ 2014;349:g4783 (2 Aug) doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g4783 (29 July 2014)
- Townsend Mark. Oral sex lessons to cut to cut rates of teenage pregnancy http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/may/09/society.schools – 72k The Guardian/The Observer Sunday 9 May 2004.
- Paton Graeme. Children aged 5 to get sex education. Daily Telegraph. London Thursday, October 33 2008.
- Goldberg DJ, Green ST, Kennedy DH, Emslie JAN, Black DJ. HIV and orogenital transmission. Lancet 1988; ii: 1368.
- Rosenbaum W, Gharakahanian S, Cardon B et al, HIV transmission by oral sex. Lancet 1988; ii: 1395.
- Spitzer PG, Weiner NJ. Transmission of HIV infection from a woman to a man by oral sex. New England Journal of Medicine 1989; 320: 251.
- Konotey-Ahulu FID. Vaccination for genital warts to prevent cervical cancer: principles first, please, before details. BMJ Rapid Response Nov 12 2008 www.bmj.com/cgi/eletters/337/oct23_1/a2186#204534